Healthy Veggie and Herb Sausage Skillet
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
*Yields approx. 4 servings
- 1 Pack of Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage (4 links)
- 1 pack Sriracha Jalapeño Chicken Sausage (4 links)
- 2 Green Bell Peppers
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- 2 Zucchini (medium size)
- 3 Yellow Squash (medium size)
- ½ cup of water (we like to use this as a cooking oil substitute)
1. Heat a non-stick skillet or wok on medium heat.
2. Add sausage to skillet or wok and sauté sausage until it is nicely browned on all sides.
3. Add bell peppers to skillet or wok. Stir to mix peppers with sausage and add a ¼ cup of water to skillet or wok and mix ingredients again. (The water you just
added should be sizzling and will act as the perfect ingredient to sauté your veggies.
4. Next add zucchini and squash to your skillet or wok. Check water level for evaporation. Add ¼ cup of water if needed to continue sautéing veggies. Mix
all ingredients well to ensure an even cook on veggies.
(Cool Tip: you can add more water (1-1½ cups) if you’d like to enjoy your dish as a soup. We promise the broth is delicious!)
5. Add salt to taste and mix well. (We used ¼ teaspoon of salt for our recipe but you’re welcome to add as much as you’d like).
6. Let ingredients simmer in covered skillet or wok until veggies are soft.
7. Let cool, serve and enjoy!